Sunday 23 March 2008

83/283: The nickel

the nickel

This nickel has been sitting outside my front door for, oh, ever. Sissy and I noticed it there one day and left it there. Kind of like a good luck nickel.

Friday I got a notice that all the walkways in my neighborhood will be powerwashed on Monday. We were told to bring in front door mats, etc. So I brought mine in, and the nickel as well. I knew it wouldn't be there Monday evening, and I didn't want to think of its fate when meeting the powerwasher. What if it landed in an unworthy location?

I may replace it Monday evening. I think it belongs there.

4 comments:

angelfeet said...

Maybe place it the other way down when you re-place it, so it gets a different view on the world.

Andromeda Jazmon said...

I love this. It's like our shoe.

Yankee, Transferred said...

I would say put it down with crazy glue.

Scrivener said...

I love the idea of protecting the nickel from the powerwasher. And YT's suggestion is a good one.